Habits for Maintaining a Strong & Healthy Body
Posted on February 15, 2019 by Brooklyn Clark
Keeping up a strong and shredded physique involves more than intense workouts and a commitment to eating right. It’s a round-the-clock mindset of living lean. It involves leaning out all aspects of your life so that much of it runs on autopilot with the good habits dictating your daily actions and routines.
- Eat the same foods – When you eat the same healthy foods 90% of the time, you’re in tune with portion size and less likely to eat junk.
- Eat plenty of protein – Protein is vital to have with every meal because it builds and maintains muscles. Aim for 1g of protein per pound of body weight a day, and that should be spread out over five or six small meals.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep – Sleep is when most of your hormones, such as growth hormone and testosterone, are released. Without adequate sleep, you’re sabotaging your efforts to live lean.
- Speed it up – Alternate pushing and pulling movements in a circuit fashion so you won’t have to wait between sets. Keep moving and leave the smartphone in another room or secured in a locker to avoid distraction.
- Check your posture – Stand up at least once an hour and stretch. Do some walking lunges or cobra poses. Practice pulling your shoulder blades back and down, as if bringing them toward your back pockets.